Friday 22 October 2010

Front Cover and Evaluation




This is my final outcome of my magazine cover. I think that my magazine cover relates to the brief really well and I have met the targets of the brief. After studying and analysing different college magazines I understood how to use the conventions in my own college magzine. I included a barcode, a dateline and an issue number to add to the authenticity of my magazine. I think that my masthead also sticks to the conventions of typical magazine as it is the first things you notice on the front cover. I also used relevant cover lines to reflect the college magazine.
I think the image that I chose to use was the best of my final four because it is very colourful and has quite a scenic background, which I think is a nice touch. The model relates to the college magazine as she is holding a folder which relate to the work side of college. However, she is very happy and smiling which portrays to the reader that college is a happy place to be involved. I decided against the other photos as I didn't think they had the potential that my chosen photo did for a front cover.
By testing my chosen photo as a front cover, I decided on my colour scheme for the magazine. As the picture is very colourful I decided to use black and white font for the cover lines, but I wanted a colorful masthead. I picked up a colour off the scarf to use for my masthead which links the whole thing together. The colour is also close to that of the Wyke logo so again relates to the college.
I think that by looking at my magazine you can clearly see that the target audience is students at college. As I chose to name my magazine 'Achieve!' this creates a wider audience and appeals to all students, not just the ones at Wyke. However, my cover lines only relate to Wyke, which maybe work against the name of my magazine. This creates room for improvement in my magazine and if i were to re-do the task I would take this into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment