Saturday 16 October 2010

Conventions of a College Magazine

Whilst analysing the Secondary Teachers magazines, I noticed many conventions within college magazines. I noticed that both the covers stick to traditional conventions and the most conventional main image shot is medium close-up, which I will be using on my magazine. I could also use the other conventions on my own college magazine cover. For example, each college magazine, along with any other magazine, has a big, bold masthead to promote the magazine, my masthead will be something simple like 'Wyke News.' They also have a few cover lines to encourage the reader to read all the other articles the magazine has to offer. On my front cover I will be using college related cover lines such as: 'EMA details' or 'Wyke Halloween Party.' The magazines also have a main cover line promoting the main story, mine will be something to promote Wyke College, like '99% Pass Rate.' As well as these conventions, I have noted that all magazines include a dateline, bar code, and an issue number, which I will be using on my front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment