Wednesday 15 December 2010

Planning and Idea Development - Price

As my target audience will be a students aged 16+ I have chosen to price my magazine at around £2.50 per week. After taking into account other weekly magazine prices such as the NME which is priced at £2.20 and Kerrang which is also priced at £2.20. I think £2.5o is a reasonable and realistic price as it is still afforadable for students who maybe don't have a well paid job. As well as this, as it is also a little big higher priced than other weekly magazines it suggets that the extra 30p is worth it. I could choose to price my magazine under the rivals at around £2, but this may suggest that it is not as good quality as the others. I have decided to publish my magazine weekly because it means there will always be something new for my target audience to catch up on and if it is weekly, it would mean having to price the magazine higher at around £5 and having a lot of content to fit into one issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment